Build something that matters. Our new firmware engineer will develop embedded firmware for situational awareness products to help drones get certified and take flight. This engineer will help drive firmware design from the initial product conception and formulation of functional and performance requirements all the way through implementation, integration and testing. He/she will design under the requirements of DO-254 to help Sagetech achieve mission-critical AIMS and FAA certification.
- Will develop (and improve existing) firmware architecture to be used on Sagetech’s platforms
- Will create/maintain firmware design and verification environments.
- Drafts and maintains firmware requirements data, firmware design document and other documents guiding development in order to meet the system requirements of new products
- Help implement, integrate, and test embedded real-time systems.
- Design and implement digital logic subsystems using standard integrated circuits and programmable devices.
- Develop FPGA code (VHDL/Verilog) in accordance with industry and Sagetech standards.
- Develop and document formal and informal requirements and specifications from written high-level specifications to support design, implementation, and testing.
- Develop requirements-based test plans with test cases and procedures to verify correct operation against system, software, and hardware requirements.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- BS or equivalent in EE, CS, CE. Other degrees will be considered depending upon experience
- Experience with FAA certification and DO254 for Aviation Electronic Equipment
- 2+ years of relevant industry or post-graduate experience, mainly in VHDL/Verilog.
- Thorough familiarity with linear systems analysis and system implementation. More generally, development of signal processing algorithms and their implementation.
- Working experience with engineering tools such as Xilinx/Altera tools, etc.
- Experience designing RF systems above 900MHz
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word and Excel required
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent materials to HR at Sagetech.
Bring your software career to new heights with Sagetech. Our new software engineer will design high reliability embedded software to create situational awareness avionics that deliver safer flight for unmanned systems. This hands-on engineer will help drive design from the initial product conception and formulation of functional and performance requirements through implementation, and testing. He/she will design under the requirements of DO-178C (Guidance for High Reliability Software Design) to help Sagetech technologies achieve mission-critical AIMS and FAA certification.