Bring your software career to new heights with Sagetech. Our new software engineer will design high reliability embedded software to create situational awareness avionics that deliver safer flight for unmanned systems. This hands-on engineer will help drive design from the initial product conception and formulation of functional and performance requirements through implementation, and testing. He/she will design under the requirements of DO-178C (Guidance for High Reliability Software Design) to help Sagetech technologies achieve mission-critical AIMS and FAA certification.
- Will develop (and improve existing) embedded software code to be used on Sagetech’s platforms.
- Will create/maintain software design and verification environments.
- Drafts and maintains Software Requirements Data, Software Design Document and other documents guiding development in order to meet the system requirements of new products.
- Help implement, integrate, and test embedded real-time systems.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develop C code in accordance with industry and Sagetech standards.
- Develop software testing and validation environment, programming, and documentation
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Will help determine appropriate software development practices and policies
- BS or equivalent (exception can be made based on work experience) in EE, CS, CE. Other degrees will be considered depending upon experience
- Embedded software development experience
- Solid background with C, C++
- Experience with low-level and mixed signal processor operations: timers, clock distribution, serial communication (SPI/I2C/UART), edge-triggered interrupts, ADCs/DACs, servicing interrupts, etc
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Familiarity with Jira, PDM, SVN or equivalent tools.
- Experience with DO178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent materials to HR at Sagetech.
Build something that matters. Our new firmware engineer will develop embedded firmware for situational awareness products to help drones get certified and take flight. This engineer will help drive firmware design from the initial product conception and formulation of functional and performance requirements all the way through implementation, integration and testing. He/she will design under the requirements of DO-254 to help Sagetech achieve mission-critical AIMS and FAA certification.