The embedded software engineer works with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to design and implement software for products to meet company objectives which includes FAA TSO certification. This engineer may also participate in initial product conception, formulation of functional and performance requirements, softtware/hardware integration, and testing. Development and hybrids of development methodology,
- Works across disciplines with system engineers, electrical engineers, logic design engineers, project managers, and marketing to assist in system design and allocation of requirements between hardware and software.
- Works in accordance with Sagetech and Engineering Group processes and standards; e.g., Software Quality Assurance and Configuration Management.
- Rapidly prototype software for evaluating algorithms and overall software design.
- Develop and document requirements from written high-level specifications to support modeling, design, implementation, and test.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and deploment.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Develop test plans and write test cases to verify correct software operation.
- Review code and design.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in EE, CS, CE though other degrees will be considered depending upon relevant experience.
- Proven working experience in embedded software development including development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid experience in C or C++.
- Able to read schematics and component data sheets.
- Experience and understanding of source control and configuration management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a good team member.
- Experience with assembly, C++ and scripting language(s).
- Experience using Doxygen.
- Experience using Linux as a development platform.
- Experience using QEMU full-system emulation.
Sagetech is an Equal Opportunity Employer